Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Show envelope icon in notification area – Outlook 2007

Today, I am little bit surprised that I didn’t see the envelope icon in notification area of my window Taskbar even i have unread emails in my Outlook inbox. So, as usual I thought, no new messages were in my inbox. After some time, my colleague came and asked me that why didn’t you give reply for the messages I sent. I told him that I didn’t get any. He was surprised and checked his sent items list and he was sure that mail was sent to me. Immediately I open my inbox and found couple of messages from him. That was a big shock and I didn’t believe that. Because I completely believe in the envelope symbol on the Taskbar that if any unread mail is in my inbox, it should show up there.

image

Some how the settings were changed and i started checking the tools options for getting that again. Below are the steps i followed to get it.

  • Open your Outlook.
  • Go to Tools menu, choose Options.
  • In the preference tab, you can find a section for E-mail as shown below.
  • image
  • Click on the E-mail Options button. Which will open a window for the email option.
  • Click on the Advanced E-main Options button which again opens another windows which has the option we want.
  • Select the option "Show envelope in notification area" as shown below.
  • image
  • That’s it. Now I am able to see the envelope icon in the notification area on new mail arrival.
  • image

Hope this helps for the people who faced the same problem.

4 comments:

  1. Today to me came a friend and renamed some my folders.But after my data into these folders was damaged.To my surprise software-dbx mail extract,recover all my data for free and showed me how repair mailboxes in Outlook Express format and extract emails, when it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot!!! Very useful post, cause I lost my envelope and had the same problem with unread mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot!!! Very useful post. Cause I've lost my envelope a couple of day ago and had the same problems with unread mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - I had this problem and your posting has solved it for me.

    ReplyDelete